Our vision is directed through a range of activities.
The New Carnival Company aims to
- Provide an all-year-round programme of carnival workshops, training courses, events and seminars that are strategic, responsive and progressive.
- Stage at least two large scale and ambitious outdoor events annually which will provide a shop window for local and visiting artists’ work and will inspire their audiences.
- Create opportunities for international touring, collaboration and artist exchanges to raise the quality and diversity of work across the sector.
- Deliver an outreach programme in rural and hard-to-reach communities to engage new audiences.
- Offer support to emerging artists and organisations to help them realise their potential through apprenticeship, mentoring and work experience schemes.
- Support regional and national carnival development by working in partnership with other arts organisations, institutions and creative partners.
- Embrace latest technologies and innovation to pursue excellence in the field.
- Promote business development and opportunities within the sector